Here you have some recommendations to use and keep your car magnets in good conditions.
- Always clean the car magnet and the surface you are going to apply it to.
- A clean vehicle will prevent your magnet from slipping off your vehicle at high speeds.
- Wipe dry before applying.
- Custom car magnets can become stiff in cold conditions and may not properly grip your vehicle panels. Use caution when using your magnets in these conditions.
- Attach your magnet to a smooth metal surface that is flat as possible
- Affix one corner of the sign first, then allow the magnetic pull to attach the rest.
- Be sure the entire sign is flat against the surface with no air pockets.
- If you position your magnetic sign incorrectly, remove it and reattach. Do not pull the magnet across the surface as it could stretch and damage the sign.
- Do not attach your auto magnets over a ridge, trim or rust spot that would prevent the sign from laying flat.
- Make sure your car magnet signs are firmly affixed to the vehicle before driving.
Removing and Cleaning
- When removing your magnetic car sign, be careful not to bend or crease the corners of your sign.
- Remove your car magnets periodically to check that they are still securely fastened and to clean if necessary.
- Avoid applying your auto magnets to horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight, such as car hoods.
- You can clean the surface of your custom magnet with a wet paper towel. Products like Windex can help with small smudges or stains.
- Make sure to completely dry your magnet after cleaning.
- Keep your vehicle magnets in a clean, dry place when not in use.
- Store your custom car magnets by stacking them on a flat surface.
- Do not stack vehicle signs with the magnetic sides touching each other.
- Do not store heavy objects on top of or against your magnet signs.